[WT-support] CONTEST RECORDER

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jul 10 20:24:05 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 11:13 AM, <don at g3bj.com> wrote:

> I've been setting things up for the IARU contest and I can't get any life
> out of the Contest Recorder.
> The Fraunhofer CODEC is loaded and Win-Test recognises it in the MP3
> setup. But when I click "record" nothing happens - no error message, and
> the recorder does not start (ie no text in the recorder window)
>
> Win 10 machine here and I'm running 4.28

   1. Right click on the Speaker Icon in the Notifcation area of the
   Windows Task Bar
   2. Click *Open Sound Settings*
   3. In the *Input* section, select the correct sound card, then click *Device
   Properties*
   4. Select the *Advanced* tab
   5. Set the Default Format to 2-channel, 16 bit, 16000 Hz (Tape Record
   Quality)
   6. Click *Apply*
   7. Select the *Levels* tab and use the slider to adjust the record volume
   8. In Win-Test, type MP3SETUP [Enter] in the logging window
   9. Make sure the *Recorder* is set to the same sound card (e.g. USB
   Audio CODEC)
   10. Select *Stereo*, 16000 Hz, 32 kBit/s
   11. Click *OK*