[WT-support] Problem with Bandmap "Search and Pounce Options" in Version 4.27?

MARK BAILEY kd4d at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 18:53:01 CET 2018

Good day everyone:

As a first practice session for WRTC, KE3X and I used Win-Test 4.27 in a M/2 for NAQP CW this weekend.  No packet spots/telnet connection.

We couldn't get the Search and Pounce Options "Wipe the QSO" and "Populate the Bandmap" to work.  We checked them both (and even unchecked the "Only if the Callsign Looks Valid" block but the callsigns didn't wipe and get into the bandmap.  I have a possibly incorrect memory that this worked when the log was empty.  Ken first told me about the issue saying it "didn't work for dupes".  When I tried it, it didn't work at all.

Is there something simple that we missed - I hope?  We need this feature for WRTC and I would prefer to use Win-Test because of it's great scripts for controlling Yaesu and Elecraft radio voice keyers.  Using these will simplify our setup and reduce the chance of hitting some sort of ground loop/RF interference/faulty PC power supply trying to use sound cards.

I will try this again tomorrow with a radio and see if I can duplicate the behavior I THINK I saw with an empty log and then with a log with QSOs.

Thanks and 73,

Mark, KD4D