[WT-support] bug in EDI files export...

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 11:43:03 CEST 2017

I'm constantly running into this problem, so I'd thought to report it
here...

Win-Test only generates correct EDI files right after launching the
software or re-loading the log. The second time you generate the EDI,
there are bugs in the generated file: CODXC is completely wrong and
holds more or less just any QSO (not the one with ODX). Probably just a
small glitch (something not correctly initialized).

Inside the EDI there are some small glitches, too: CToSc is set to the
sum of the scores of all bands. It is not strictly wrong (because the
EDI spec. is ambiguous), but pretty useless in practice. I know of no
contest that needs the data there like that and it causes problems at
least with IARU log upload (iaru.oevsv.at). So it would be better if it
is set to CQSOP.

PSect is unfortunately not well defined and contest specific. But most
probably "MULTI" and "SINGLE" are more universal than the current
"MULTI-OP CLUB HIGH".

Fortunately all these problems are not really severe... EDI files are
regular text files, so easy to fix manually.

73' Alexander DL8AAU