[WT-support] installation problem with version 26

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Nov 19 21:22:26 CET 2017

First I added a Windows Defender exclusion for the entire Win-Test
installation folder, as well as the folder where I downloaded the install
program (Windows Defender exclusion procedure described in the link below),
then I ran the full Win-Test install program as Administrator.  The install
and Win-Test then ran OK.

The only problem I had was that Win-Test reported "Could not load
DLportIO.sys".  I have a real printer port on this Windows 64 computer
(Lenovo ThinkCentre model M710 desktop with LPT adapter 04X2763
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/322575436905>), but Win-Test updates have never
caused a problem with that until now.

Apparently the new installer *replaced* DLportIO.dll with a version from
2009 that does not work on Windows 64-bit.  I reinstalled the version from
http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/inpout32/ (unzipped and ran
Win32\InstallDriver.exe, then manually copied inpout32.dll to the Win-Test
installation folder, then renamed it DLportIO.dll after deleting the
incorrect version that the installer replaced).  Win-Test is a 32-bit
program, so even though the 64-bit driver gets installed you need to use
the 32-bit dll.

It would be nice if Win-Test could load inpout32.dll instead of
dlportio.dll to save us a step.  I also think it should not ship with this
file.