[WT-support] TS-990

Gordon Paterson gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 01:05:04 CET 2017

A friend has a TS-990 and uses Win-test. I am trying to establish if keying the voice keyer is supported from Wintest on a TS-990. I have installed N6TV’s TS-590 scripts and all required rig control options are working except for the ability to make the radio send stored messages in SSB.
I am not actually in front of the TS990 but used TeamViewer to install the scripts. I know the scripts work on the TS590 voice keyer as I configured that for another person easily.

I tried 2 separate Windows 7, 64 bit PC’s using the same USB – Serial cable. I’m not sure if it is Prolific or FTDI chipset.
Baud rate was 115,200, 8.N,1 Always on, Always On. I tried native Wintest Kenwood CAT control and I also tried Omnnirig with exact same results. I also changed baud to 4800 on the TS-990 also in Wintest and Omnirig to no avail.

So I am unsure whether the scripts normally work on TS-990 or I am missing a radio setting or possibly a USB – Serial issue.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

Gordon
MM0GPZ