[WT-support] Using IcomScripts with IC-7600

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Mar 10 23:11:53 CET 2017

The IC-7600 requires software PTT to play back DVK messages, unless you
have another method to generate PTT, such as a keying circuit wired to the
RTS pin of a separate serial port.

To make software PTT work, after running Install_IcomScripts, copy
SO2R_Advanced.ini to your Win-Test cfg directory (view via File | Explore |
/cfg directory).  Next, from the Win-Test menu, select Operating |
Technique | Advanced SO2R.  This will enable the following advanced
scenario for F1 and other message keys:

#IcomTX $F1 #IcomRX

The IcomTX script will switch the radio input to the sound card when you
press F1.  The #IcomRX script returns the radio input back to the
microphone after the voice message completes (the Escape key does the same).

You may also need to go into the Icom IC-7600 ACC set mode menu and adjust
the USB MOD LEVEL to increase the sound card volume.