[WT-support] wintest in rtty

Yuri VE3XB ve3xb at rogers.com
Tue Mar 7 02:50:17 CET 2017

Bob,

During WRTC in Moscow me and VE3DZ were using interlocking system with “First One Wins” for K3 without any problem. You just set TX INH to Low and with foot switch PTT one radio and short control line for another – simple few transistors and couple relays circuit.

73 Yuri VE3XB

Note that this is not a "First One Wins" system; if both radios try to transmit at the same time, both will stop transmitting until there is only one left that is asserting PTT.  This is due to a limitation of the K3 firmware (inhibited radio still closes its PTT output).  I hope to convince Elecraft to change this behavior some day.

4O3A sells some complex lockout boxes that will work better:

http://www.4o3a.com/index.php/products/station-automation/lock-x/