[WT-support] Proposal: Allow only numeric characters in RST fields

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Jan 2 16:46:59 CET 2017

Hi Fred

Le 02/01/2017 à 08:47, Fred Ockert a écrit :

> and do not forget: on VHF we need sometimes 59A   for Aurora !

Unfortunately, it's been discussed before, and it's not possible to
manage reports like 59A, but also those regarding unusual propagation
like 59S, 59RS, or whatever new propagation mode could be used or even
discovered, without modifying deeply founding functions and data
structures, that rely on the report length being 2 or 3 (depending on
the QSO mode), and composed of digits only with the known RS(T) format.

My best suggestion is to use the comment field with VHF DXPed logs, or
make a note (Alt-N) for such QSO.

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie
Remember Nov. 13 2015 - #JeSuisParis
Remember July 14 2016 - #JeSuisNice