[WT-support] Fresh Install Wintest Fails

stewart at gm4aff.net stewart at gm4aff.net
Tue Oct 18 22:25:23 CEST 2016

I hate to have to ask this!
I just installed Win-test on a newish 64-bit laptop. Registration all
went fine.
"No sound" is permanently set as the Sound option, and I can't change
it. So I couldn't initially tell if CW was being generated when pressing
function keys.
I installed my Tripp-Lite USB serial adaptor and connected it to my K3.
Installation went OK and a new COM port became available in the Win-Test
interfaces list. I set up all the required baud and other settings.
Still nothing when I press the function keys. No sound and radio stays
quiet. The radio frequency, etc. is not getting passed back to Win-Test
either. It's as if the radio wasn't connected.
Does anyone have any ideas - Is this a 64-bit issue, a USB interface
issue or have I forgotten to do something?

73 and thanks!
Stewart
GM4AFF