[WT-support] False DUPE --- Re: Win-Test in VHF/UHF Contests

'Zaba' OH1ZAA elefa at wippies.fi
Fri Nov 11 17:22:31 CET 2016

Hello Bob,

Thanks for studying the case. There were no other computers connected.
Only one instance of Win-test was running. Today I sent the .wt4 file as an
email-attachment (to myself) and installed it on another computer with
Win-test 23.0 .... I opened the log, deleted (using Edit | Delete QSO) the
last two QSO's (these were other QSO's than yesterday, since it was a
longer, completed log). This time I could not reproduce the DUPE-effect.

However, there was at least a 10 minute delay yesterday in the process of
deleting and adding the new contacts. I would not expect that to matter,
but anything is possible with software, of course...

     Cheers/73, "Zaba" OH1ZAA  (D44T.. to be after CQ WW, for one week)

"Bob Wilson, N6TV" [n6tv at arrl.net] kirjoitti:
> Were you using Edit | Delete QSO?  Was there more than one computer on the
> LAN running Win-Test?
>
> Can you recreate the problem now?  I can't.  If you can still do it, please
> send me the .WT4 file and step-by-step directions.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 3:15 PM, 'Zaba' OH1ZAA <elefa at wippies.fi> wrote:
>

> > Bonjour Laurent,
> >
> > Win-test has support for the 70 MHz (4 meters) band, bravo!
> >
> > Last night I worked the 50 MHz NAC. I was running between two stations
> > (OH4BCS and OH5ZA) and used Win-test and N1MM+ on the same PC for the same
> > contest for the two separate logs.
> >
> > At one point I marked two QSO's in Win-test in the wrong log, so I removed
> > the QSO's. But then I worked one of these removed calls later to be logged
> > in Win-test. The QSO was logged, but it was marked as DUPE by Win-test
> > (23.0), though it was not in the list above (just once removed there). Thus
> > it would be better, if the removed call would not stay in a hidden cache.
> > Actually, after reloading the log after the contest, the QSO was not marked
> > DUPE any more (but it can cause confusion in the "happening").
> >
> >   Cheers/73; "Zaba" OH1ZAA

Wippies-vallankumous on täällä! Varmista paikkasi vallankumouksen eturintamassa ja liity Wippiesiin heti!
http://www.wippies.com/