[WT-support] False DUPE --- Re: Win-Test in VHF/UHF Contests

'Zaba' OH1ZAA elefa at wippies.fi
Fri Nov 11 00:15:09 CET 2016

Bonjour Laurent,

Win-test has support for the 70 MHz (4 meters) band, bravo!

Last night I worked the 50 MHz NAC. I was running between two
stations (OH4BCS and OH5ZA) and used Win-test and N1MM+ on
the same PC for the same contest for the two separate logs.

At one point I marked two QSO's in Win-test in the wrong log, so
I removed the QSO's. But then I worked one of these removed calls
later to be logged in Win-test. The QSO was logged, but it was marked
as DUPE by Win-test (23.0), though it was not in the list above (just once
removed there). Thus it would be better, if the removed call would not stay
in a hidden cache. Actually, after reloading the log after the contest, the QSO
was not marked DUPE any more (but it can cause confusion in the "happening").

   Cheers/73; "Zaba" OH1ZAA

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY [f6fvy at free.fr] kirjoitti:
> Hi Ben
>
> Le 10/11/2016 à 01:23, Bernhard Buettner a écrit :
>
> > (1) Allow searching by QTH locator in Check Partial and/or N+1 windows.
>
> (snip)
>
> I understand it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you can
> already enter a locator (or a partial - no wildcard allowed) in the
> callsign field and Shift+F10 to find logged callsign with that locator.
> But you already probably know this as it is the equivalent to search a
> callsign from a given "zone" for the HF contests.
>
> > (2) Callsign/locator data for QSOs that were not completed entered into
> > the band map would be kept in a cache. E.g. I hear station HG6X on
> > 144.035 and copy his QTH as KN08FX. I enter that call into the band map
> > I observe the signal for a while and return to that station 20 minutes
> > later. Now, when clicking on the spot, WT would automatically fill in
> > callsign AND QTH locator previously copied. Today I have to make notes
> > on paper to make sure I'll have the QTH locator in case of QSB during
> > the QSO.
>
> Actually, it already works when the spot is "alive" (meaning it doesn't
> disappear from the bandmap after its timeout expires). I'll check if
> it's possible to make it persistent, especially after a log reload...
>
> > (3) The menu entry File | Update Database obviously has no function in a
> > VHF contest. It would be great to update the DB from within Win-Test.
> > After all, we tend to work the same stations from QTH over and again.
> > Bug seems to be open on flyspray since a long time.
>
> I just tried, and it obviously works for me ;-) Why do you think it has
> no function ? Have you compared the vhf.dtb before and after the command ?
>
> Tnx for the report.
>
> 73
>
> Larry - F6FVY
>
> --
> Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie
> Remember Nov. 13 2015 - #JeSuisParis
> Remember July 14 2016 - #JeSuisNice

Wippies-vallankumous on täällä! Varmista paikkasi vallankumouksen eturintamassa ja liity Wippiesiin heti!
http://www.wippies.com/