[WT-support] RTTY - Setting UTC time in script

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Mar 22 08:39:21 CET 2016

Barry,

Try saving the two attached LUA scripts in your scripts directory (in
Win-Test, use File | Explore | /scripts directory to find it).

Then call the LUA scripts UTC and UTC2 in your RTTY F2 message to send and
repeat the current UTC time, like this:

    F2:  $RST $SERIAL #UTC $RST $SERIAL #UTC2 $MYCALL
INSERT:  $LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $GUESSEXCH $F2

In case the attachments are lost, here's what's in UTC.wts:

-- Set global LUA variable UTC
UTC = os.date("!%H%M")
wtKeyer:Insert(UTC)
return -1

and in UTC2.wts:

-- Read global variable set by UTC.wts
if UTC ~= nil then
   wtKeyer:Insert(UTC)
end
return -1

If it doesn't work, it's probably because Win-Test is using a different
folder to look for scripts.  Try changing the Win-Test shortcut:  Right
Click, Properties, Compatibility tab, check "Run as an Administrator",
click OK, restart Win-Test,