[WT-support] wintest networking...

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Mar 20 20:01:40 CET 2016

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounds like you want to have multiple
operators all signing VE2HQ, but from different stations at different
locations, all linked together by the Internet, but *not* operating as an
IARU HQ station, therefore sending ITU Zone 04 in the exchange?

Operating from different locations is only allowed for IARU HQ stations,
and special (not public) Win-Test software is required to make that work.
See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Networking#WT_Tunnel .

At the bottom of the IARU Rules page
<http://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-championship>, it says:

Additional Rules. For situations not covered in these rules refer to the ARRL
General Rules for All Contests
<http://www.arrl.org/general-rules-for-all-arrl-contests>.

In there you will see:

3.7. All transmitters and receivers must be located within a 500-meter
diameter circle, excluding antennas.
3.7.1. This prohibits the use of remote receiving installations.

Now if you're going to host a multi-op at a single location, then you can
link all the computers together on a LAN, with no special software or
Internet access required.