[WT-support] USB Control to ICOM 7600

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Mar 12 02:23:56 CET 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Juan Hidalgo EA8RM <EA8RM at ure.es> wrote:

> SSB now active PTT but no audio, so i think it is something on cmputer
> setup. i will check

With the Icom voice keyer scripts, when you press Shift+F1 to record a
message, Win-Test records what you hear in the radio MONITOR.  So, connect
the mic to the radio (not to the PC), turn the monitor gain way up, to
around the 12 O'clock position.  You may also need to increase the USB MOD
LEVEL option in the IC-7600 menu from the default 50% to around 75%.

If these levels work for you, I'm thinking I should add commands to the
Shift+F1 script to do these actions automatically.