[WT-support] Questions

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Mar 5 21:24:58 CET 2016

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 12:12 PM, William Liporace <wc2l at wc2l.com> wrote:

> A couple of questions:
> Can you tune around the band from the keyboard?

Well you can type any frequency you want in the logging window, or click on
a spot in the band map, but if you just want to move VFO A up and down from
the Win-Test keyboard, you'll need to install the appropriate LUA script
extensions.  See http://bit.ly/wtscripts for the list.  Is your radio
listed there?

Also, I thought there was a way to auto populate the band map. So if I tune
> to a frequency type in a call and tune away, I would like it to save the
> call and possibly the exchange when I add it.

As WT2P just mentioned, you have to be in S&P mode to get the auto-populate
function to work.  Type RUNSP [Enter] in the logging window to enable
RUN/S&P swtiching (status is displayed in the thin Win-Test "clock"
window).  Press Ctrl+Tab to toggle between RUN and S&P.  Once you are in
S&P mode and have the appropriate Band Map properties enabled, entering a
call and moving the VFO will add it to the band map automatically.  But
take care to press [Enter] after you work someone, because if you tune away
without hitting enter, Win-Test may erase the callsign without saving the
contact in the log.

You can also just press Ctrl+Enter to quickly save a call in the band map.