[WT-support] IC-9100

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Aug 18 21:01:08 CEST 2016

This configuration may be too complicated to resolve by email.  If you
install Team Viewer (https://www.teamviewer.com/fr/) and send me the
one-time code, I can connect to your computer and fix everything for you.

Please describe how you are connecting the PC, the radio, the microHAM, and
the SPE 1Kfa data lines together.  Are you using the IC-9100 [USB]
connector, or the IC-9100 [Remote] connector, or both?  Which microHAM box
are you using?  Are you making any data connections between the microHAM
box and the SPE 1Kfa?

If you do not want to try Team Viewer, please, send me a screen shot of
your microHAM Ports tab and radio details (click [Set] button).  Please
send a screen shot of your Windows Device Manager Ports.

Normally you can only connect a cable to [Remote] or to [USB] on the back
of the IC-9100, but not both at the same time.  You must use one or the
other.  For microHAM MK2R+, you would connect [Remote], but then the PC
will not see the radio's USB sound card or USB serial ports, it would use
the microHAM virtual serial ports.

For microHAM micro2R, there is no CAT port connection to the radio.

Opening OmniRig will automatically turn off CI-V transceive (because
OmniRig doesn't work with CI-V transceive, it requires polling).  Does the
SPE 1Kfa require polling too?

See if you can make Win-Test work with the IC-9100 without OmniRig, without
microHAM. Connect the USB cable directly to the PC and use Windows Device
Manager to see which serial ports are assigned to the radio.

   1. Change the Radio type from OmniRig to *IC-9100*
   2. Change polling rate from 700 to *AUTO*
   3. Check the *Use CI-V Transceive* box.  *Do not poll* will be selected
   automatically
   4. Close the Interface Configuration dialog
   5. Exit Win-Test to save everything
   6. Use the IC-9100 menu 62. Set *CI-V Transceive ON*
   7. Start Win-Test
   8. Rig control should work at this point, and band map scrolling will be
   very smooth

If the SPE 1Kfa requires polling

   1. Use the IC-9100 menu 62. to turn CI-V Transceive OFF
   2. In Win-Test Interface Configuration, uncheck *Use CI-V Transceive*
   3. Uncheck *Do not poll*
   4. Set polling rate to AUTO
   5. Set radio type IC-9100
   6. Rig control should work, but band map scrolling will not be very
   smooth