[WT-support] Need registration help

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Apr 27 05:14:51 CEST 2016

Perhaps you installed the correct version, but it is coming up in demo mode
because it hasn't been registered properly.  Perhaps you entered the
password once, on the web, but never closed your web browser, so you would
not be prompted to enter it again.

>From the Win-Test menu, select *Help | About Win-Test ...*

What do you see there?  If you see "version 4.20.0-demo", you are running
the demo version, and you must download and install the full version
instead.

If you already have the full version, select *Help | Register Software*,
and follow the step-by-step installation instructions here:
http://bit.ly/registerwt .

Note:  AOL email addresses usually reject all email from the Win-Test
robot, so you have to send all the information by email to Hervé, F5HRY,
f5hry [at] wanadoo.fr to obtain your PC registration code for the new
computer; it cannot be done via the web site if you have an AOL email
address.

I'm assuming you have a brand new computer and you are installing Win-Test
on it for the very first time.  Be sure to right click on the install
program and select "Run as an administrator" when you do the install.
After install completes, right click on the Win-Test Icom,
*Properties*, *Compatibility
Tab*, check *Run this program as an administrator* and click *OK*.