[WT-support] qtc problem (again)

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Sep 12 06:34:09 CEST 2015

Remember he has to copy the *logfilename.qtc* file, not the logfilename.wt4
file, from one computer to the other.  Use File | Explore | /log directory
to list it.

Chances are he may not be able to find the .qtc file because by default,
Windows *hides* the "extension" (the period and the last three letters) of
a file name.  For instructions on how to make Windows display *complete* file
names, instead of "user friendly" ones, see this link
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files#Windows_Vista_and_Windows_7>,
in particular, *remove* the check mark next to *Hide extensions for known
files types*.  You can also select the "Details" view in Windows Explorer
and look a the "Type" column.

He could try version 4.18-0.dev (http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly)
which has some QTC fixes for WAE, though from the Release.txt file, I'm not
sure if any of the fixes ar relevant to what he's seeing.  Remember that
*both* computers have to run wt4.18.0-dev, not just one, if he decides to
switch versions.

But first, just copy the .qtc file from the "good" computer to the "bad"
one to get them back in sync.