[WT-support] SO2R on the same band

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Sep 7 20:23:51 CEST 2015

Anton,

I assume you only have one antenna per band, so you must use one radio per
band, not two.

I also assume you want to use the Secondary Radio Window to work
multipliers on the second VFO or SubReceiver, the same way you would while
operating SO2R.  This is known as "SO2V" (Single-op, 2 VFOs), and it not
supported by Win-Test.

Instead, try this:

   1. *Press F1* to call CQ and save a run frequency (run frequency is
   marked in the band map window with a "CQ" marker, assuming you right click
   on the band map and enable *Display Options | CQ Cursor*)
   2. *Double-click* on a new multiplier in the band map
   3. Work the multiplier (or give up trying)
   4. *Press Alt-F4* to return to your run frequency
   5. *Press F1* to return to CQing

Problem:  If you accidentally press F1 while trying to work a multiplier,
Win-Test will reset the mult's frequency as your new Run frequency and
Alt-F4 won't get you back to where you were.  So, use the *A=B* to button
on you radio to save your run frequency, then if you mess up, and Alt-F4
doesn't do what you wanted, tap *A/B* and press *F1* to restore your run
frequency.

Alternate:

   1. *Press F1* to call CQ
   2. Press *Alt-Double-Click* to Load the multiplier into VFO B / SUB VFO
   (not available with Icom radios, but should work with OmniRig, except there
   is a bug that I'm hoping Laurent will fix, see task 365
   <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=365>)
   -or-
   *Right click* on the multiplier and select *Pass frequency to SUB VFO*
   3. (Optional) Use Sub Receiver to see if you can hear the spotted
   multiplier or if there is a big pileup
   4. *Press A/B* on your radio to swap the VFOs, or for real convenience,
   use one of my LUA scripts <http://bit.ly/wtscripts> to swap VFOs with a
   function key
   5. *Press F4* to call the mutiplier, and *F2* to send your exchange
   6. *Press Ctrl-SpaceBar *to load the callsign into the logging window,
   then Press *Enter* to log it
   7. *Press A/B* or the SwapVFO function key to go back to your run
   frequency