[WT-support] wtRotators keeps crashing

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Sep 4 18:32:18 CEST 2015

Just a guess, but when you installed Win-Test, did you right click and
select "Run as an Administrator" when you installed it, or did you just
double-click on the install program?

Try this:

   1. Exit Win-Test and wtRotators
   2. Use Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape) and click on the *Processes
   *tab.
   3. Make sure no other copies of wtRotators are running.  You can sort by
   process name by clicking on the column title at the top of the first
   column.  If you see wtRotators still running, right click on each
*wtRotators
   *process, and select "End process"
   4. Close the Windows Task Manager
   5. Right click on the wtRotators program in the Win-Test folder or in
   the Start Menu (or both)
   6. Left click on *Properties*
   7. Click *Compatibility* tab
   8. At the bottom, enable *Run this program as an administrator*
   9. Click *OK*
   10. Do the same things for wt.exe (Steps 5 to 9, but a complete
   re-install would be safer)
   11. Start Win-Test and wtRotators

If you still have problems, make sure the COM port use for the rotators is
not selected *anywhere *in Win-Test interface configuration.  Only
wtRotators can use that COM port.

Of course, make sure the broadcast address and port number being used by
Win-Test and wtRotators are exactly the same, as documented here
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Rotators#Configuring_wtRotators_.28single-op_environment.29>.
If everything is running on one and only computer, use the loopback address
as shown.