[WT-support] version 5 coming soon?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 21 17:58:49 CEST 2015

Enrico,

I am not a member of the Win-Test development team (they are busy getting
FY5KE going this week), but I don't think there will be a version 5 any
time soon, if ever.  It has been over six years since version 4 was
released.  Fortunately, they continue to issue free "point releases" to
version 4 with fixes and minor enhancements.

Even if they were to surprise me with a new version, I'm sure there would
be a "grace period" similar to last time, e.g., anyone who purchased
version 4 "within the last year" would probably get a free upgrade to
version 5.  But again, there may never be a Win-Test version 5.

Therefore, my recommendation is to spend your 50 EUR and buy Win-Test now.
Step-by-step documentation of the somewhat complex purchase, installation,
and registration procedure can be downloaded here:

http://download.win-test.com/registration/

(in multiple languages including Italian).

Remember, this one-time fee allows you to install Win-Test 4 on *all* your
computers at no extra charge, even on new computers you haven't purchased
yet, as long as they are personally owned by you.  There are no annual fees.

Finally, note the message at the top of the Buy Win-Test Page
<http://www.win-test.com/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=1840>:  "Collected funds
by Win-Test sales are exclusively dedicated to the non-profit association
RACK (Radio Amateur Club de Kourou) to help our contest activities,
especially the FY5KE activation during international contests."