[WT-support] Fwd: CW Messages and commands on the inactive radio.

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 13 01:40:27 CEST 2015

If you select Operating | Shift Binds to Secondary Radio, then Shift+Fn
sends the Fn message on the secondary radio.  In ESM mode, Shift+Enter does
the same.  But if the Secondary Radio already has the focus, it doesn't
send the message on the Primary Radio, so it's not quite the same as what
you're asking for.  Of course you can always press [*] to swap
primary/secondary, so you can still call CQ by pressing Enter or
Shift+Enter on whatever radio you want.

Another way to do it is to first enable Operating | CapsLock Binds to
Secondary radio, then use the Tools | Scripts Manager to create a new
4-line LUA script like the following, one for each message key.

wtApp:ToggleCapsLock()
wtApp:SendFKey("F4", WT_KEY_NONE)
wtApp:ToggleCapsLock()
return -1

Then assign that script to Ctrl+F4, perhaps (note that Ctrl+F1, F2, F3, F9,
and F12 already do other functions in Win-Test, but maybe you don't need
them).

I tried some things, but I cannot see any way use this technique for the
Enter key.  To do this for the Enter key and ESM would require major
surgery to the ESM script.  It would have to call wtApp:GetKeyState to see
if you pressed enter or Ctrl+Enter and ToggleCapsLock() when needed.  Note
taht Ctrl-Enter is already used to add manually add stations to the band
map so you would have to define another key to do that.