[WT-support] Wintest Support for FT991

Marcin sp5iou at 10g.pl
Sat Nov 21 09:02:10 CET 2015

Bob.

I am not using any additional hardware interface - just USB cable connecting
FT991 to my laptop. It attaches FT991 to PC as two com ports (COM5 and COM6
in my case) and a sound card. No additional hardware is needed to have cat
radio control and kaying.

As I wrote in previous mail, "Other Interface " doesn't work.  There is an
error message stating that interface is not accessible. On "Network" it
works properly.

One of FT991 advantage is that it has computer interface built in so Ham can
save a money on expensive digital interface or save a time for building DIY
one, and make exhibition station more handy- Just radio, laptop, USB cable,
antenna and source of electrical energy. No need to carry additional
interfaces and associated cables.

Anyway I am happy that it works, but still demand from wintest developer to
include support this great radio.

73's Marcin SP5IOU

PS: I am sending this reply second time because it didn't appear on the
discussion list. Maybe because I attached config screenshots from wintest,
but I do not know how to do it on this forum.