[WT-support] UKEICC DX Contest?

Anton Koval, MW0EDX m0edx at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 14:49:20 CET 2015

Same opinion is here.
Any chance, please ?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, 16 Nov, 2015 at 12:47, Stewart GM4AFF<stewart at gm4aff.net> wrote:
I know this will have been asked before, and I can imagine the work involved is onerous, but is there any possibility that the UKEICC DX Contest can be catered for by WinTest? I see that the contest has been integrated in N1MM and some other contest loggers. Personally I would rather not enter than not use WinTest. The learning curve and the hassle are too much for me.

As a workaround I think it is possible to simply use WPX and enter received UK Postcodes along with the received serial number. For example, if I work G4ABC and receive “599001 BA” I would log 001BA as the received serial. I would not be able to score my log, but it would be easy to edit the resulting Cabrillo file using TextPad, to insert a space into the line of text. The WPX option seems to allow SSB and CW in the same log.

But I don’t want to have to do that! I’d much rather use WinTest with a dedicated configuration. The contest is actually quite a big deal, as it’s the first world-wide contest with UK multipliers in which DX can also work DX.

73 et nous sommes Paris

Stewart

GM4AFF