[WT-support] BAND MAP ISSUE

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Tue May 12 23:47:02 CEST 2015

I wonder if anyone can suggest where I might look to fix thefollowing issue.

I have upgraded to WT 4.16 and most everything is fine. Ihave three computers on a little network for the M2 entry we will do in CQWPXat G5W. Two are connected to the FT5000’s, the third is connected to the webvia wifi, and simply runs WT-DX Telnet. (I have Telnet on a separate computerin CW contests to avoid any issue of slowing the CW sending from the computer).

All the broadcast addresses are properly set, as are thestation names, etc etc. Logging works fine, as does gab. The problem is theband-map.

On one of the workstations, the band map works fine –everything that appears on WTDX Telnet appears in the band map. On the secondstation, it’s not so good. I get about 50% of the spots appearing in the bandmap. I’ve checked the band-map settings (properties and display) and they areidentical on both computers. It suggests that it is a network problem, buteverything is OK with the network adaptor settings. I have checked to see whatregisters on the DX cluster window in WT at each station, and the samecallsigns are missing from the one station as are missing in the band map,whereas the other workstation call list aligns exactly with WTDX Telnetcallsign list on the telnet server machine. So two machines are workingperfectly together, whilst the third seems to take only 50% of the spots.

Has anyone seen this problem before and can point me in theright direction?

73

Don, G3BJ