[WT-support] Problems with Wintest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Mar 28 13:34:00 CET 2015

Hi Fernando

Le 28/03/2015 11:42, PY2LED - Fernando a écrit :

> My colleague downloaded Unipost 5 and started to use.   His qsos started
> to appear on my log and changed the serial number. We are connected on
> the same wifi network.

Typical PEBCAK ;-) You probably mis-configured the network parameters to
comply with such an use.

There are different ways to ensure the (QSO) frames will not propagate
from one PC to another.

One is to use different UDP ports. Default is 9871, but you can use
almost any other number for each PC - 9871, 9872, 9873 etc.

Another one is to restrict the frames broadcasting to your PC and not
propagate them to the whole LAN by using the 127.255.255.255 broadcast
address.

Honestly, I don't know this "Unipost 5" software, but you need also to
set its network parameters in accordance to the recipes above.

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie