[WT-support] EZMaster and Windows 8

Don Beattie don at g3bj.com
Sun Jul 19 19:04:24 CEST 2015

Hi Oliver,

I've had problems too. But I'm pretty sure the issue is that Win 8.1 as
shipped does not recognise the EZM PID and VID. The following application
note may help:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/TechnicalNotes/TN_102_OEM_Technica
l_Support_Requirements_for_FTDI_Products.pdf

I have this problem with my Win 7 64 bit machine, and fixed it as in the
attached note. I've just not had the time to try the same treatment with Win
8.1 but it's the only thing I can think that could be the problem.

You can get the EZM VID and PID by using the USB View Microsoft utility, of
course.

73

Don, G3BJ / G5W

www.g3bj.com