[WT-support] F11 Wipe - use with caution

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 19:33:46 CEST 2015

Here is an issue that I have always had with WT, and I am finally reporting
 it.  It is something that rarely happens to me in a contest, but when it
does, it causes me to lose a valid contact in the log.

Here is the situation.  I have logged a good contact, and  press "Enter" or
"+" ($CR) to capture the QSO and get a new log  line.  I then enter a new
call sign, but for some reason, I have  managed to have the cursor on the
line above that contains the previously  logged QSO.  Then, I decide to delete
the call that is on the new  line, and press F11 to delete it.  But, as I
have said, the cursor is on  the previous line, and the F11 wipes out the
valid QSO.

If there is a way to recover the wiped out QSO, please let me  know.

As a solution, I recommend that a warning message be issued any time F11
is pressed and the cursor is on a previously-logged QSO.

Thanks, George

George  Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL  34242
941-400-1960