[WT-support] Win test IOTA contest

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jul 3 07:43:08 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM, billy McFarland <gm0obx at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> As part of the exchange wintest requires an IOTA reference received.
> However if the station is not an island there's no requirement for them to
> send an IOTA reference. Wintest requires info in this gmfiekd before the
> QSO can be logged.

For the IOTA contest, there are two exchange fields, one for serial number
received, and a seoncd for the IOTA designator.

Win-Test only requires that a serial number (which is part of the exchange
for all stations) be entered in the first exchange field.  The IOTA number
would (optionally) be entered in the second exchange field.  For non-island
stations, you don't have to enter an IOTA number, but you always have to
enter a received serial number, and you must enter it in the right column.

The question is this: Is there an option / button that can be used to
> either automatically enter generic IOTA references for the call example
> G3AAA as EU-005 or an option which allows the QSO to be logged without an
> IOTA reference.

Win-Test allows a QSO to be logged without an IOTA reference as long as you
enter a received serial number in the column labeled "Rcvd", one space
after the "599".  So the  completed QSO lines should look something like
this:

Bd Mode Time   Callsign SenNo.   Rcvd          IOTA   Mult Pt
20  CW  05:31  KH6XX    599 004  599 008       OC019  I    15
20  CW  05:31  N6TV     599 005  599 001                    2
20  CW  05:31  KH6RS    599 006  599 007       OC019       15

If you don't see the column titles, select Options | Log | Headers | Left
aligned.

Maybe you were pressing the space bar twice after entering the call,
skipping over the field after 599, instead of logging the serial number
before pressing the space bar to move to the IOTA column?  Were you logging
the serial number in the IOTA column?