[WT-support] Help needed with script

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 12 17:57:41 CET 2015

The scenarios wait for *script* completion (or message completion if  you
use $F4). You could try adding wtApp:Sleep(4000) to F4.wts to make it pause
for 4 seconds, but you may not like this; Win-Test will appear to "lock up"
for 4 seconds.

wtApp:SendFKey("F4") runs and returns immediately, by design; it doesn't
wait for message completion like wtKeyer:Play("$F4"), because SendFKey
simulates pressing a key, not playing a message, and the key could do
something else.

I assume this is really a question about using an external voice keyer on
phone, not CW, because for CW you can use wtKeyer:Play("$F4"), or just
leave $F4 in the message.

The scenarios cannot "peak" inside a script to see what they are doing, so
they don't "know" if they have to wait for the called script to send
something or not, because the script may never send something, or it may
send many things.  So they wait for script completion, not message
completion.

For phone, the advanced scenarios only work with the internal sound card
voice keyer, not with an external voice keyer or one built into a radio
activated by LUA script, because the internal voice keyers, have known
timing, and the others do not.

I wonder if any of you can help me with this

If I use the Scenario configuration window to assign for example:
F4=    $F4 $RESET $R1R2
When I push F4, WT will start sending F4 and only when the CW content of F4
is fisnished will activate $R1R2

But if I use the Scenario configuration window to assign the same message,
but now in a script, for example:
F4=    #F4 $RESET $R1R2
and F4.wts file has the command wtApp:SendFkey("F4") and Return -1

I have a problem.
WT sill start sending F4 but is does not wait for F4 CW transmission to be
over. It executes right away what is next to the #F4, in this case $RESET
$R1R2

Is there a way to tell in the script file f4.wts to wait for the F4 CW
message  to be completed??

--
José Nunes
CONTEST CT1BOH - http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh