[WT-support] WT doesn´t open

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Feb 15 21:03:17 CET 2015

Juan,

It's possible the log file you are trying to open is "locked" but another
instance of Win-Test that did not close completely, or maybe is open by
another program on your network, or maybe an AntiVirus program quarantined
the log file, etc.

So, what happens when you do this?

   1. Start | All Programs | Accessories | *Command Prompt*
   2. cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Win-Test\"  (for Windows 64-bit)
   -or-
   cd "C:\Program Files\Win-Test\"  (for Windows 32-bit)
   3. wt -n [Enter]

In step 2, you must enter all the quotes characters exactly as shown.  Or
you can copy and paste the CD command from this email into the command
prompt window, by *right-clicking* on the command prompt window.

Step 3 this should open Win-Test, but open no log file (in case you
couldn't get Ctrl+Win-Test to work).

In the Win-Test menu, select *Options | Load Contest at Startup | Disabled*
(check this).  You can enable it later.  For now, this will prevent the
hang when you start Win-Test in the future.

>From the Win-Test menu, select *File | Open* and select a log you know is
OK.  Then you can go to next step:

*Options | Log | New Contest File Properties ...* and change the folder
where new logs will be stored.  Maybe it was deleted?