[WT-support] Question about moving Bandmap center frequency

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 9 06:41:02 CET 2015

First, what type of radio do you have?  You should be able to get rig
control working unless it is a very old radio with no rig control interface.

The trick to make the band map scroll when you have no radio connected is
to pretend that you *do* have a radio connected to some available COM
port.  Many PCs have at least one COM port active, for obscure devices such
as "COM3:  Intel Active Management Technology - SOL 3" (see what's there in
Windows Device Manager).

In this case you could Select COM 3 as Radio 1, and pick a radio type such
as Icom with "CI-V Transceive" selected, so there is no polling.

Then, when you type a frequency like 28100 and press Enter, the band map
will scroll to that point.

Better yet, try clicking the *List* tab at the bottom of the band map, then
you can sort the list of spots in many different ways besides frequency,
and scroll through them.  Right Click on the band map and follow the
prompts.  Then you really don't care where the "center" cursor is.