[WT-support] How to avoid "exchange prediction" on RTTY?

IZ4MJP Franco franco at iz4mjp.com
Mon Sep 29 14:37:41 CEST 2014

Yesterday, after a long time,  i decided to partecipate at the CQ WW RTTY Contest mainly in S/P mode.

I used the standard messages that are available creating a New Contest.

I've also activated the ESM function in order to speed up the QSOs.

With the first contacts i start to experience some problems, first of all the impossibility to disable the exchange prediction on the field "Zone".

Every time i clicked on call in the radio band map, together with the call also the field "Zone" was filled in.

In this way, hitting the Enter key i obtain the wrong sequence instead the ".. de my call my call"

I've tried to disable/modify some functions in the various menu and also deleted the MASTER file in the DB folder but without luck.

I've driven all the contest deleting the proposed "Zone number" before hitting the Return in order to send my call twice.

I've read and re-read the User Manual but i can't find a way to stop the "prediction".

Is there any way to do this?

Where can i find more info/footage about the ESM mechanism of WinTest?

Many thanks.

73
Franco, IZ4MJP