[WT-support] mp3 recordings from several stations merged crash on fast forward/rewind

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 19:42:03 CEST 2014

I got the logs from all of our stations participating in last week-ends
UHF/SHF contest. The logs are merged into one. Now I wanted to be able
to play back all the recordings from the respective stations.

Following what has been written in this thread
http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2010-April/079511.html I
renamed all the individual mp3 files to <filename of wt4 file>-<station
name>-000.mp3

After assigning the individual files to the stations in the contest
recorder settings, I could play all QSOs from the log.

My problem: as soon as I try to fast forward or rewind, WT crashes. I
tried 4.9.1 (= the version used during the contest) but same thing seems
to happen in 4.13, too.

The crash is mentioned in the posting above, too, but I don't understand
yet how to avoid it. My understanding is that the actual file name
should not matter, as long as WT finds it, as the station ID is recorded
in the ID3 tags anyway.

(It is not really a big thing, as I can still use the recordings with
the "original" wt4 files before log merging, but to me "play QSO" would
have been the difficult thing - but that is working fine. Just seek does
not).

73' Alexander DL8AAU