[WT-support] Registering at F5MZN-3

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jun 7 21:11:56 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Luis Teixeira <ct4nh at netcabo.pt> wrote:

> Despite having entered all this data and , I suppose having registered, I
> keep receiving - when I try to put one  DX spot on the Cluster F5MZN-3 -
> saying that "sorry you need to be registered (SP F5MZN to register)
> What am I doing wrongly?
>
> I'll appreciate your help

Luis,

Registering the Win-Test software is not the same as registering your
userid at the DX Cluster node.  They are totally different things.

When you sign in to DXCluster F5MZN-3 with wtDxTelnet, you will see these
messages, which explain why you cannot post anything:

You are not a REGISTERED USER of F5MZN DX-Cluster. Registration has
been implemented to prevent piracy here.* If you do not register you*
*can continue to use the Cluster but you will not be able to post*
*spots or send announce and mail to anyone.*

Should you require registration, simply type the command REGISTER
on the Cluster. This will ask you for a valid email address. Once
this email address is validated, your account will be unlocked.

Please note that all connections to this system are recorded.

So, follow the instructions.   Sign in to the cluster with your callsign,
using wtDxTelnet (not Win-Test).  After signing in, type REGISTER in the
wtDxTelnet window, then press [Enter].  You will be prompted to enter your
email address and a password.

Finally you will see a message that says to wait for an email confirmation.
 I don't know how long it takes to receive it.  I tried it a couple of
hours ago and received no response.  It's possible that this cluster is not
processing new registrations any more.

But there are many many other DX clusters that you can use with Win-Test
that required no registration at all.   See
http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/index.php for a long list.  Enter one of
these into wtDxTelnet manually.  You do not have to use F5MZN-3 with
Win-Test.