[WT-support] COMPATABILITY

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Feb 10 19:39:52 CET 2014

Though it may be possible to network the "licensed" version of WT 4.11 with
the "freeware" DXpedition version (
http://download.win-test.com/v4/freeware/wt-4.11.0-dxped.exe), I'd strongly
recommend that all networked computers install and run *only* the
DXpedition version (4.11).  I recommend installing it in a completely
separate directory, such as C:\wtdxped, rather than the default
installation directory.

Otherwise, if one of the computers happens to restart and load a
non-Dxpedition log, it may be disconnected from the network when Win-Test
detects that the networked programs are using incompatible logs.

I'd also recommend saving a backup copy of WT.INI before running the
DxPedition version, since that is where your license key and other settings
are stored.  To find the file, run File | Explore | /cfg directory in
Win-Test (standard version) first.

In sum, Win-Test works best and most reliably when all networked computers
are running the exact same version, with identical copies of the Super
Check Partial and CTY_WT_MOD.DAT files (which should be selected by typing
CTYFILES [Enter] in the logging window).  Though that is not critical for a
DXPedition log, using identical country files allows statistics to be
computed the same between all computers in the network.