[WT-support] Edit Mode QSO

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 13 06:04:23 CET 2014

On Dec 12, 2014 8:13 PM, "TG9AJR Juan Munoz" <tg9ajr at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm doing the ARRL 10m Contest in Phone as my main mode, but made a CW QSO
> as checklog,
> but when log it it will not change the mode from SSB to CW and will count
> it as DUPE because I
> already work the station in SSB.
>
> Besides the ALT+F to Edit the QSO, that will not allow me to edit the mode.
>
> Is there any other way to add those CW QSO as checklog or to be able to
> edit the mode ?

This feature is not built in to Win-Test, so you would have to keep two
separate logs. But you can also do it with one log by following the
instructions below:

   1. Type REOPEN [Enter] in the logging window
   2. Change Mode from PHONE to MIXED
   3. Click OK
   4. Log the Phone and CW QSOs, taking care to log the proper mode (should
   be auto-detected if your radio is connected to Win-Test via serial port).
   5. After the contest, use the FINDSTR command to separate the phone and
   CW QSOs into separate Cabrillo files:

   1. WRITELOG [Enter]
      2. Select CABRILLO (<filename>.LOG)
      3. Click OK
      4. From the Win-Test menu, select File | Explore | Log directory
      5. *Shift+Right Click* on the *folder* name on the *left* side of
      Windows explorer (do not right click on a file, shift+right click on the
      *folder*)
      6. From the pop-up menu, select *Open command window here*
      7. In the command window, type these commands to separate your
      Cabrillo file into separate phone and CW Cabrillo files:

      findstr /V " CW " filename.log >filenamePH.log
      findstr /V " PH " filename.log >filenameCW.log

      Where filename.log is the name of your file (type *log and press
      [tab] key to auto-complete file name).

      8. notepad filenamePH.log
      9. Change the CATEGORY line to:

      CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 10M HIGH SSB

      10. File | Exit.  Click YES to save changes.
      11. notepad filenamePH.log
      12. Change the CATEGORY line to:

      CATEGORY: CHECKLOG 10M HIGH CW
      13. File | Exit.  Click YES to save changes.

The "/V" parameter of findstr means "find all lines that *do not* contain
the string, and write them to the output file, "which is what is indicated
by the ">" symbol.

You *must* include the spaces and quotes before and after CW and PH, as
shown above.