[WT-support] Trigger Icom IC-7000 DVK from WinTest

John A. Ross [GM1BSG] gm1bsg at gm6nx.com
Sun Aug 31 12:08:53 CEST 2014

Bob

The hardware from the parallel port is actually easy but as you say parallel ports are becoming a thing of the past.

If there are any software engineers out there that fancy tweaking the drivers here, then the solution would be easy.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/FTSwExamples.htm

A custom DLL with specific calls could be made (emulate Kenwood or Yaesu) and in DXX mode you can toggle up to 8 x I/O ports on say the FT232 USB bridge device.

I have never known it to be able to bit bash and do VCP mode. If that was possible it would appear just as another interface in the radio configuration.

Yip, they are intended to be USB<>Serial bridges but can also be put into I/O only mode and used for bit bashing as just IO or I2C or JTAG or….

4 or 5 Optos grounding or shorting the series resistors in the Icom network wired to the mic jack as an external keypad would allow control.

It would also be isolated and USB so portable even onto laptops

John