[WT-support] CW speed

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Aug 21 23:28:19 CEST 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Anton Koval, MW0EDX <m0edx at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> For example, I want CQ be sent at 45 WPM, but my call MW0EDX at 29 WPM and
> TEST at 45 WPM again. Or a part of a serial number 5NN at 45 WPM and the
> actual serial number at 29 WPM ?

I do not recommend changing CW speeds *at all* if you want to be spotted by
CW Skimmer and the Reverse Beacon Network.  Changing speeds like this makes
it much harder for CW Skimmer to decode your CW (and it makes it harder for
less experienced CW operators to copy you too).  You will be spotted much
less often than the competition if you try to operate this way.

For more details on that, see my presentation CW Skimmers, DX Clusters, and
The Reverse Beacon Network <http://bit.ly/UsingRBN2014>, presented at 2014
Dayton Contest University (CTU), especially slide 19.