[WT-support] U2R and WT

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Aug 20 05:02:56 CEST 2014

Not sure what you mean by "bad dongle", the big cable between the micro2R
and the rig?  What's wrong with it?

In the microHAM Router Program, Audio tab, did you select:

Computer TX on R1 (latch):  R2
Computer TX on R2 (latch):  R1
Manual TX on R1:            R2
Manual TX on R2:            R1

?

Did you select an Advanced SO2R Scenario such as "Plain Pileup" in
Win-Test?

Operating | Technique | Advanced SO2R

Operating | Modify the scenarios ...

Click "Plain Pileup"

"Computer TX" means PTT from software.  Manual TX means PTT from footswitch
or VOX.

As stated in the micro2R manual, you must connect a cable from RADIO1 PTT
*output* (amp relay line) to the PTTIN1 connector on the U2R cable, (and
RADIO2 PTT output to PTTIN2) to get automatic headphone switching to work
while using VOX.  Otherwise, the micro2R can't tell when you're
transmitting by mic. VOX.

Of course the micro2R has to be in AUTO mode (long press of R1 and R2 at
the same time, yellow AUTO light lit).

If your PTT output also needs to be connected to a linear amplifier, I
think you may have to use a pair of Y-adapters to connect each radio's
relay output to both the linear and the micro2R (assuming the linear is
relatively modern and not an unmodified SB-220 with 120Vs keyed on the
relay line).

Note that your micro2R includes computer a sound card input and output, so
you may be able to use that more successfully with Win-Test instead of
trying to use the Nel-Tech, which has no computer interface.

Note, if you already tried using the sound card, and experienced audio
monitor delays, W9PA reports good success using the economical (and
small) Turtle
Beach Audio Advantage Amigo II USB Sound Card & Headset Adapter
<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036VO4XO> as an external sound card under
Windows 7 with Win-Test, with no mic. monitor delays.  You can easily
connect this sound card to your micro2R instead of the sound card built in
to your PC.