[WT-support] Repeat Message

I4UFH i4ufh at libero.it
Tue Sep 17 17:29:50 CEST 2013

Hi Bob,

Well i had tested several way, including ur suggestions, to strip same length messages between standard Fx and DVR script. And believe me ur solution is still the best one,
even the delays , as u mention are not so flexible as needed. So this solution is the best one.

Even , i still think, that this WT limitation are only a developer philosophy, even i can agree with Dev point of view, the common sense of any user, is that these  keys F1-F7
in SSB are only, or better , the last 20 years of Contest software have inducted into the user mind , for DVK play / Rec. No Matter if this key function can change ( attaching a script )
and so loosing it's properties , as repeat function.

Just labeling in WT F1-F7 the keys were to apply the CQ repeat properties, is symptom also the Dev Team think that are worldwide defined as CQ Keys, so why not easily continue to applies the
properties of these keys ( allowing Repeat ) independently to the assigning of a script or not ? It will be care of the user, defining the script that IF automatically  didn't create any problem.

It will be care of user, if he assign, the wrong script, to these keys, it doesn't need to be a limitation of the Software.

There are several points in WT that allow, what is not normally allowed, i.e call field characters, or defining a Contest as MIXED, even it's in not really available i.e. CQWW MIXED, or ROVER,
all these selection are care of the user, well why the F1-F7 CQ Message repeat properties can't ??

It could be easy, don't check if any script is assigned, and simply execute the press of the key after the defined time ......

Well this is only a user digression, i can't change the way to think of the Dev, guys .....

About the TS590, could be a good choice, but i prefer to enjoy the radio, that playing with a toy. So thank's for the suggestion, but for now i can still alive with K3, with or without CQ repeat
i  still can press the keys with the fingers !!

Good luck !

73 de Fabio I4UFH