[WT-support] Network LogSync problems...

Mario Lorenz ml-wt at vdazone.org
Wed Sep 4 00:44:38 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

Running WT 4.10.

question: At this year's IARU HF, we have seen severe problems with
network logsync. Essentially QSO numbers didnt match at all, there was
quite significant traffic, but things were so bad that chat messages
even vanished on the local LAN.

I have just reproduced this with a smaller network (only 12 computers)
by setting up a similar situation on purpose.
Empty Log: All works, gabs are fully received.
I then loaded last year's log in one computer, waited till some of the
other computers started syncing and had several hundred QSOs,
then disconnected the computer with last years QSOs.
I now have a severely inconsistent network, and in theory, logsync now
should correct this within reasonable time.

a) Even after letting this run for half an hour, QSO numbers were still
inconsistent
b) While this sync is running, I can send some chat messages, and
I have seen repeatedly that some chat messages got lost, on the local
LAN.

Have there been any changes in the networking / logsync code in the last
versions ? (I'm not doing this test for each version, but I'd wager
4.7 and possibly (not sure) 4.9 we didnt observe this.

Any other ideas ?

Best 73s,

Mario

--
Mario Lorenz                            Internet:    <ml at vdazone.org>
                                        Ham Radio:   DL5MLO at DB0ERF.#THR.DEU.EU