[WT-support] works on Linux - small issues

Jussi Eloranta jmeloranta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 03:22:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

I just started using wintest on Linux (Fedora 19) with the wine
emulator. Everything seems to be working - provided that one does:

1) Disable the Sound Card in Interfaces Configuration. If I left this
checked, the timing for keying my K3 through DTR
was completely messed up. I am guessing that it tries to output the CW
tone through it at the same time? Anyway, the keying works great now.
Rig control works OK as well.

2) Problem connecting dx cluster telnet and wintest: I tried using
127.255.255.255 and 192.168.1.255 on both wintest and dxtelnet, no
cigar. So, somehow broadcast addresses don't seem to work under wine. I
also checked this with tcpdump and did not see any traffic. I finally
changed the address to my computer IP and this worked. This obviously
means that one cannot use just a single wxtelnet to feed wintest on
several different computers with wine.

Other than that, works great! (unlike N1MM, which does not seem to work
under wine)

Jussi Eloranta (AA6KJ)