[WT-support] Exchange Guessing in SS

Hal Offutt hal at japancorporateresearch.com
Fri Nov 1 09:30:30 CET 2013

Hello,

I have used WT in SS for the last 2-3 years with no problems.

Not a huge issue, but it would be nice if WT would automatically fill in the section when the section can be determined from the call like most other programs do.  I am thinking of the VE sections (except for VE3) and mults kp2, kp4, kh6 and kl7.  (Come to think of it, WT does not automatically fill in VE sections in NAQP either.)

According to the Win-Test Wiki, you are supposed to be able to enable exchange guessing by opening Data Entry under Tools.  It doesn't seem to work (at least for SS) regardless of whether I check "pressing the space bar" or "automatically."

Is there any way to do this?  Note I am not looking for an aid that will give me information that I should copy myself such as a station's check or section (in the 1-0 call areas and VE3).  (Such information would probably not be reliable anyway.)

An even smaller issue with SS is that WT does not seem to set up the F1 message correctly for SS.  This is easy to do manually but shouldn't it automatically do this?  It asks for check in the setup window but doesn't seem to utilize it.  I think I have noticed this same issue in other contests.

I am using ver 4.10.0dev

Thanks!

73, Hal W1NN