[WT-support] Win-test HQ version 4.8.0 on Windows 8 (not PRO version)

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri May 31 03:05:17 CEST 2013

Please post EXACTLY which error message is displayed (copy screen shot as
.PNG file to external server) to make it easier to do Google searches.

I can't find "TEMIDA".  Does it actually say "Themida?"  That software by
www.oreans.com may be what Win-Test uses to encrypt the executable to
prevent security key cracking.  I found some web reports of some gaming
applications that do not work on Windows 8 due to a "Themida error," so
it's possible that some programs protected by some version of Themida just
will run on Windows 8, including WT HQ 4.8.

As a test, please try installing the "regular" version of of Win-Test 4.8
(to a separate directory and separate Start Menu folder, don't use the
defaults):

http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/wt-4.8.0.exe

Does it run OK or do you get the same error?  How about WT 4.9?

Your only choice may be to use another computer unless the developers can
rebuild a HQ version for you.