[WT-support] wt.ini location

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Mar 28 01:34:55 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM, <Georgek5kg at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> I did a search for wt.ini on my Win7 machine, and nothing was found.
> Could it be that wt.ini does not exist as a file on a Win7 machine?

Why do you want to find wt.ini?  You should never edit this file.

The easiest way to locate it is to start Win-Test and select from the menu:
 File | Explore | /cfg directory .

By default, Windows hides the folder where Win-Test saves WT.INI.  That is
why the search failed.

This section of the Win-Test Wiki explains how to make the folder visible:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files#Viewing_hidden_files_and_folders

You can also check the box "Search hidden files and folders" under
"Advanced options" when using Windows Explorer search feature.  Or just
start a Windows command prompt (Start/Run/cmd.exe) and type:

DIR C:\wt.ini /a /s