[WT-support] IOTA multi operation / serial numbers

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jul 27 01:46:17 CEST 2013

There is no easy fix, no serial no. reservation system, but it is OK to
send the same serial no. to two different stations, as long as you record
that properly in the log.  This is accomplished *after* entering the QSO,
when you realize that the number logged doesn't match the number that was
just sent.  You have to move the cursor up to the QSO, then use the WT menu
(and only the menu, unfortunately): *Edit -> Edit Serial number*.  I wish
it was just another field in the Alt-F dialog (edit Date/Time/Frequency),
but it isn't.  I also suggested being able to edit sent serial no. as
easily as you can edit Sent RST (via the TAB key), but this wasn't
implemented.

For all multi-op contests with a serial no., I highly recommend selecting
Options -> Log -> *Hide QSO numbers*, otherwise you will see two different
QSO numbers on every line, one labeled "QSO" in the first column, and one
in the "Sent No." column, which will be different when numbering QSOs by
band.  When you use Edit Serial No., the "Sent No." column updates, and it
is written to the Cabrillo file, but the QSO column (column 1), does not
get updated and it is not written to the Cabrillo file.

The two columns may not always match, so it's better to just hide column 1
via the option described above.