[WT-support] Internal DVK and Windows 7

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jan 23 20:05:33 CET 2013

This Windows 7 "audio delay" issue is still true for many (most?) sound
cards that are built-in to Notebook computers, such as the "Conexant HD
Audio" sound cards.  Apparently some high-end *external* sound cards have a
way of monitoring the mic. audio in real time under Windows 7.

A simple solution is to create a two-position mic. switch to move the mic.
between your sound card input and your radio's Mic. connector, but that
only works if your radio has one input for Mic. and another available for
external audio, such as from the sound card "SPKR" output.