[WT-support] W8?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Apr 23 22:18:22 CEST 2013

Tonno,

> I understand from the silence of others that I can conclude that W8
> with classic shell should be at least as good as W7 and no reason to
> avoid it

I find that to be the case ... I was looking to rip Win 8 off my new
laptop (I had just upgraded the old one from Vista to Win 7 when the
LCD failed <G>) when my son recommended Classic Shell.

Since I've discovered a couple of hacks for the display/themes to fix
an issue with white titles on a black title bar, I'm almost ready to
remove Win 7 from my tower/"Ham" system in favor of Win 8 as I actually
prefer Win 8 with Classic Shell.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

>>> Tonno