[WT-support] how to increase the WT network reliability?

Luca NCJ ik2ncj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:14:36 CEST 2013

Tonno,

have you never tryed to use the command "SYNC" instead of reload?
Last year in D4C M/M using 7 PC's some of them connected with cable (3 if I
rememeber well) and the rest via local WI-FI and the differences between
logs were really minor after 48 hours (and not present in all logs).
We used same IP category both for cable and WI-FI and with automatic IP
Address.

Ciao

2013/4/4 Peter <pc2a at pi4cc.nl>

> Tonno,
>
> At PI4CC we run M/M up to 12 computers and find always that all the
> computers has the same log.
> If a computer has a outage/crash of if a new computer plugged into the
> network it fills automagic with all the qso's without any command.
> I have never used the command reload
>
> But all the computers are connected via cat5
>
> Peter
> PC2A
> www.pi4cc.nl
>
> Op 4-4-2013 20:46, Tõnno Vähk schreef:
>
>> We and I think most other multi op stations are used to the network
>> problems
>> that cause one computer lose network and RELOAD is needed to restore the
>> connection. There are different kind of error messages about non-unique
>> QSO
>> identifier, some erroneous UDP sockets or whatever...
>>
>> I find this an unavoidable part of multi op operation. We did MM for the
>> first time in WPX SSB with ca 15 networked computers. The amount of needed
>> RELOAD's also went up. And now there were at least 3 times when reload did
>> not help and computer had to restarted to restore network. It was strange
>> that packet spots were flowing but QSOs did not and synchronization did
>> not
>> function also before restart was done.
>>
>> We used a mix of cable and wifi network. Of course making sure no computer
>> had both enabled. For cable had mostly determined IPs and for WIFI
>> automatic.
>>
>> My question is - can anyone say or recommend:
>>
>> Is it better to use cable rather than WIFI?
>>
>> Is it better not to mix two?
>>
>> Is it better to use determined IP instead of automatic? Does it make any
>> difference?
>>
>> Any other ideas how to make the network more reliable and save the trouble
>> of frequent reloads and restarts?`
>>
>> 73
>> Tonno
>> ES5TV